Lorena Distefano “We had a water leak in our kitchen that flooded our whole downstairs and Dry More came in and did an amazing job drying everything out. When you're dealing with such a stressful event it is good to work with a company that is very competent ...more
Top Water Damage Restoration Tips
Article by David Selter
When dealing with an incidence of water damage or flooding in your home, the last thing you need to be doing is spending hours researching every detail of the water mitigation and restoration process and how to fix water damage. Highlighted below are a few key tips to remember before beginning any water damage restoration project.
- Time is of the Essence: Once water damage has occurred, you have 24 – 48 hours to address the water damage before mold and mildew begin to grow. This mold will pose as a health risk to your family, as well as cause an unnecessary additional headache for you during what is already a stressful time.
- Safety First: Before you begin any remediation, ensure that you are not endangering yourself or others. Consider if it is safe to be in the house before beginning to conduct any restoration activities yourself.
- Document Damage: Be sure to take plenty of photos of the affected area(s) before beginning any water damage remediation. Catalog lost items, along with their value, for your insurance company.
- Remove Affected Materials: This includes the disposal of floor coverings; carpet, cushion, pad, felt and sheet vinyl, laminate, or tile flooring materials. Remove wet items and clear the floor in order to mitigate damages.
- Call in the Experts: Call DryMore Restoration at 281-930-0100 for live help 24/7 from one of our supervisors. When you make a call, day or night, you talk to an experienced professional that can help you in understanding the water damage cleanup process. We’re here to help make the best of a stressful situation and help you figure out what to do.
For immediate water removal, drying and water damage repair, contact DRYMORE at 281-930-0100!
More air quality & water emergency services by DRYMORE include: